AFMR is unique — representing a diverse membership that bridges basic and patient-oriented research in multiple medical disciplines. Our members are scientists engaged in original clinical and laboratory medical research.
Our mission is to develop and mentor tomorrow’s leaders in medical research by:
- Fostering excellence in training and successful development of medical investigators.
- Disseminating scholarly, multidisciplinary, and ethical research on human disease and healthcare delivery.
- Educating public and government leaders about medical research and the importance of its support.
- Automatic membership in an AFMR regional section: Eastern, Midwestern, Southern, or Western.
- Publication subscriptions
- Reduced rates for annual national and regional meetings offering opportunities to network, present abstracts, and earn CME credits.
- Participate on an AFMR national committee or regional council.
- Quarterly newsletter
- Via collaboration with the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB).
- Be a Mentor/Receive Mentorship
- Active Member
- Associate (Trainee) Member
- Medical Student Member
- PhD Student Member
- Undergraduate Student Member
- Tier 1 (6-10 members)
- Tier 2 (up to five members)