Experimental Biology (EB)
2022 Dates TBD
Submission Deadline: Sunday, June 20, 2021
- Presentations should offer multidisciplinary approaches in translational science and the contribution by experimentation at multiple levels of investigation. What specific question does this symposium address? Are there two or more conflicting issues that warrant presentation and discussion? What does the session offer to the intended audience? Are future directions considered in the material to be presented?
- Diversity is encouraged for all participants including career stage, type of institution, gender, and race/ethnicity.
- The symposium organizer must be an AFMR member
- Each symposium must include at least 1 CTSA investigator.
- All speakers for the selected symposia are asked to submit abstracts to the organizer for review by Aprl 1, 2022 and manuscripts of their presentation for consideration for publication in the AFMR Journal of Investigative Medicine by May 31, 2022. The AFMR will cover publication fees.
- Upon receipt of manuscripts, the AFMR will provide financial support to participants to help defray their expenses.
- Individuals may not present an invited oral presentation on their research at two EB meetings in a row.
- Individuals may not present multiple invited presentations on their research at any single EB meeting.
- It is not acceptable to chair/co-chair one symposium and chair/co-chair or speak in another session.
- It is acceptable to chair/co-chair and speak in the same session
- Only 1 participant per laboratory may be in the symposium.
- Maximum session length is 1 ˝ hours. Be sure to allow sufficient time for discussion.
- Spell out participants’ names and institutions: DO NOT USE INITIALS for chairs or speakers.
- The AFMR National Council will review all submissions and make a recommendation to the APS.
- Please complete symposium submission electronically by Sunday, June 20, 2021.
Download the Submission Form for Reference