|Strategic Planning Initiative
The AFMR National Council has set out a strategic plan to help the organization thrive and grow.
The initiative has been broken down into five (5) objectives, each with a subcommittee that has set specific goals:
- Operational Excellence
- Develop recognition opportunities for mentors/mid-level researchers and members.
- Create educational resources via social media as member value.
- Involve non-MD (i.e. PhD members)
||Samrat Das, MD
||Melanie Cree-Green, MD, PhD
Akankasha Goyal, MD
Siddharta Mahapatra, MD, PhD
Attaya Suvanasankha, MD
- Create mentorship opportunities for junior investigators.
- Launch a mentorship program to address gaps in regional mentorship and encourage career advancement.
||Joumana Chaiban, MD, FACE
Michael McPhaul, MD
Viranuj Sueblinvong, MD
Cherry Wongtrakool, MD
- Develop journal awards program to reach specialties not currently represented.
- Recognize AFMR/AFMR members who participate in national/international meetings.
- Utilize members and luminaries to bring AFMR into the national consciousness.
||Samrat Das, MD (Bylaws)
Vijay Shivaswamy, MBBS, MS (Industry)
- Standardize the roles of councilors and executive officers.
- Increase donations by former presidents and awardees.
- Establish recurring grants to maintain and grow awards program: Industry, NIH
- Explore ad revenue strategies for publications.
- Identify services and resources to enhance value for each membership type.
- Create a Leadership Career Development Program.
- Develop a program to facilitate submissions to society journals by junior investigators.
- Develop AFMR YouTube Channel.