Plan to attend the AFMR
April 9-13, 2011
News from the Other AFMR Sections:
900 Cummings Center,
Beverly, MA 01915
Tel. (978) 927-8330
Fax: (978) 524-0498
After 2 years as the Chair of the Eastern Region of the AFMR, this is my last regional update. I am so proud of our regional leadership and members for what weíve accomplished, bringing our region back to national prominence.
Robert J. Freishtat, MD, MPH
Leticia M. Ryan, MD
Ravikumar Balasubramanian, MD PhD
Rojelio Mejia, MD
MingMing Ning, MD
Allison B. Reiss, MD
Peter H. Wiernik, MD
Iím excited to turn over the reins of our reinvigorated and rapidly growing region to the incoming Chair, Ravi Balasubramanian, MD from Boston, MA. I want to thank Ravi and Tish Ryan, MD, our Secretary-Treasurer, and the other regional councilors for their great enthusiasm and ideas these past two years. I know our region is going to continue to flourish under their leadership. I want to encourage all of our members to become active in our region - there is still much to do regionally and nationally.
Data Mining: Functional Statistical Genetics & Bioinformatics
- Laura Kelly Vaughan, PhD
Design and Analysis of Genome-Wide Association Studies
- Tasha E. Fingerlin, PhD
Introduction to Epigenetics/Epigenomics
- Xiangqin Cui, PhD
Pathway Analysis Hypothesis
- David B. Allison, PhD
Vance G. Fowler, Jr., MD, MHS
Associate Professor with Tenure
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, North Carolina
Junior Physician Investigator
Carmella Evans-Molina, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine
- Submit an abstract to your AFMR Regional Meeting.
- Learn about and influence important public policy issues.
- Apply for a Research Day Award to be presented at your institutionís college or departmental research day.
- Obtain information regarding career development, research and training opportunities, funding sources, and grant development at AFMR Career Connections.
- Submit a proposal for a symposium at the 2012 Experimental Biology meeting.