AFMR Member? Renew your membership online!
Not a member? Join today!
Many society members ask themselves what they get for their membership dollar when joining an organization. For an AFMR member, the benefits are clear:
- A complimentary print and online subscription to the Journal of Investigative Medicine (JIM), the AFMR's official journal. AFMR members are exempt from page charges in JIM.
- Discount on the fee to publish High Impact Case Reports in the Journal of Investigative Medicine High Impact Case Reports.
- Advocacy on behalf of medical investigators and researchers - the AFMR is now a member of FASEB which strengthens the AFMR's public policy efforts.
- Reduced registration fees at Regional Meetings and AFMR National Meetings, as well as for Translational Science 2013, April 17-19, 2013 in Washington, DC which is co-sponsored by the AFMR.
- Reduced registration for the Grant Writing Workshops.
- Eligibility to participate on the AFMR national and regional councils and committees and the opportunity to participate on FASEB subcommittees.
- Opportunity to apply for a series of Awards - including the AFMR Outstanding Investigator Award, Junior Physician Investigator Awards, the Henry Christian Awards, and AFMR Regional Scholar Awards
- Opportunity to present work at the Regional Meetings as well as to present symposia at Experimental Biology each year - a forum for translational research. The AFMR supports participation in selected symposia and reimburses speaker expenses.
- A dedicated Members' Only area on the AFMR website where members can update their records, access the journal, seek information on other AFMR members, and obtain important grant and career information