Viranuj Sueblinvong, MD
Southern Section Secretary-Treasurer
Current Position: Dr. Viranuj Sueblinvong is an Assistant Professor in a Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at the Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA.
Education: She received MD from Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Clinical Interest: Care for adults with Cystic Fibrosis, Critical Care medicine.
Research Interest: To elucidate the mechanism by which alcohol primes the lung toward fibroproliferative disrepair following acute injury.
Award and Honor:
- 2008 – 2011 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Program for Adult Care Excellence (PACE) award
- 2010 ATS travel award for submitted abstract "Aging lungs manifest a pro-fibrotic phenotype - Potential mechanisms for increased susceptibility to abnormal repair in the elderly"
- 2010 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Quality Care Award: Recognizing Outstanding QI Processes and Accomplishments
- 2012 Tinsley-Harrison award for a manuscript entitled "Predisposition for disrepair in the aged lung”: for best original manuscript published in The Journal of American Journal of the Medical Sciences in 2012."
- 2013 SAFMR/SSCI Junior Faculty Research Travel Award, New Orleans, LA.
- 2013 Thai-American Physician Foundation 2013 Mentoring Award, St. Louis, MO.
- 2014 Member, Southern Society of Clinical Investigation (SSCI).
- 2015 Daisey's team award. Emory University hospital, Atlanta, GA.
Current AFMR position: Southern Section Secretary-Treasurer
Term: 2/20/2016 - 2/28/2019